TORONTO USERS GROUP for Midrange Systems
September 1997: Volume 13, Number 1
At the August, 1997 board meeting, the Directors appointed the following working committee chairpersons:
- Finance & Facilities - Ed Jowett
- Education & Publishing - Ken Sadler
- Memberships, Marketing, and Advertising - Dan Duffy
- By-laws & Salary Survey- Jim Vanderburgt
- Speakers, Internet & Sky Blue - Lťo Lefebvre
- COMMON Liaison - Wende Boddy
- Golf Tournament - Richard Dolewski
- Elections - Tom Hoover
A very special thanks to Lisa Jobson (our former IBM Liaison), who is leaving the TUG board this fall, to undertake parenthood. We hope to still see you at the meetings, Lisa!
- RAM DISK is not an installation procedure.
- Computers are only human!
- Was that your wife I saw in that GIF?
- I used to have a life, then I got v32bis!
- If the pen is mightier than the sword, and a picture is worth a thousand words, how dangerous is a FAX? ...about 85% of a GIF.
- This time it will surely run...
- We just found the LAST bug.
- On a clear disk you can seek forever.
- Stack manipulation -- the use of inflatable falsies.
- Bug? Thatís not a bug, thatís a feature.
- erqq "Iím a modemer and Iím OK. I surf all night and I sleep all day."
- I write all my critical routines in assembler, and my comedy routines in FORTRAN.
- I modem, but dey grew back!
- To iterate is human; to recurse, divine.
The next issue of TUG/400 will bring you more details of the recent IBM announcement, as well as articles on Lotus Notes and Java for the RPG Programmer. If you have a short article to contribute on these subjects, (or any AS/400 topic), contact the TUG/400 Editor at 416-622-8789, or via e-mail at email@example.com
Thots for the day...
"Brevity is next to nothingness." -- Jim Parr, Toronto, ON
"The Unknown is a great Mystry" -- Peter Tanner, Victoria, BC
"It's a great man who is blessed with good fortune." -- Peter Brodie, London, England