25th Annual TUG Technical Education Conference
for TEC EXPO – May 30th, 2018
For 24 years, the Toronto Users Group for Power Systems has hosted “TEC EXPO” (a vendor showcase) during the first day of its annual two-day conference. This has been a tremendous success; averaging hundreds of visitors, including registered conference attendees, representing numerous companies in manufacturing, distribution, retail, financial, education, and government sectors. This will be our Silver (25th) Anniversary.
TEC is the Toronto Users Group’s annual Technical Education Conference. This year we will be conducting the event at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, with a new and exciting agenda! We have a very intense lineup of main themes including, but not limited to:
• IBM i & RPG IV Application Development
• Performance Management
• Web and Mobile Development on IBM i
• Modernizing your IBM i Applications
• Accessing and Optimizing IBM i data
• IBM i System Management
• Client Connectivity
• Database Design & Normalization
• Open Source Languages
This year we have invited the "cream of the crop" — some of the industry’s top speakers, including: Jon Paris, Susan Gantner, Aaron Bartell, Robert Bestgen, Barbara Morris, Edmund Reinhardt and Eric Simpson! *
This conference will provide many opportunities to greet end-user delegates and introduce yourself and your company to them. Areas will be available for you to setup and display your company’s products and services. The Expo will be open throughout the day to allow conference attendees and other potential customers the opportunity to meet with you and hear about your products.
Similar to last year, sponsors will be able to choose their own display location (on a first-come first-served basis.) Register early to ensure that you get your preferred spot in the main lobby, right next to the session rooms!
* (Names subject to change — not all speakers have confirmed their availability.)
TEC EXPO 2018
May 30th, 2018 – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
175 Wynford Dr, North York, ON M3C 1J3
Phone: (416) 449-4111
- Sponsor registration deadline is May 15th 2018.
- Send payment to: TUG, 20 Bead Fernway, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4L3 Canada
(or call with credit card number — 416.622.8789).
- Please provide us with your company logo so that we may include this with our advertising and promotional material. Your logo should be high resolution (300 dpi) format (ai, cdr, eps, tiff, gif, png, or jpeg).
for Wednesday May 30th, 2018 (TEC 2018 Day 1)
7:00 am – 9:00 am Display Setup (optional set up on Tuesday May 29th)
9:00 am – 5:30 pm Exhibits Open All Day (open to the public at no charge)
• 7:30 am Registration open
• 8:30 am – 9:45 am Session 1
• 9:45 am – 10:15 am Expo Break (no concurrent sessions)
• 10:15 am – 11:30 am Session 2
• 11:30 am – 11:45 am Expo Break (no concurrent sessions)
• 11:45 am – 12:45 pm Lunch & Expo (no concurrent sessions)
• 12:45 pm – 2:00 pm Session 3
• 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm Expo Break (no concurrent sessions)
• 2:30 pm – 3:45 pm Session 4
• 3:45 pm – 4:00 pm TEC 2018 Wrap-up (sponsor prize draws)
• 4:00 pm – 5:15 pm Session 5
• 5:30 pm Display teardown
TEC 2018 Fast Facts
Location – Don Valley Hotel & Suites, North York
175 Wynford Dr, North York, ON M3C 1J3
(Don Valley Parkway & Eglinton Ave. E.)
Conference Dates – Wednesday May 30th & Thursday May 31st.
• Both days consist of top-drawer sessions
• Day 1 (May 30th) features the TEC EXPO.
Displays – 8’ x 3’ display areas in the lobby for pop-up or table-top displays.
Sponsored Speakers – Registered sponsors are encouraged to provide a speaker session
Parking – FREE parking is available in the hotel parking lot.
Security – You can set up your display in advance and leave it in place overnight, but keep any valuables with you. (TUG is not responsible for any loss or damage.)
Set up – Displays can be set up from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm May 29th, or from 7:00 am to 9:00 am May 30th
Expo Hours — TEC EXPO 2018 will be open from 9:00 am through 5:30 pm, May 30th.
Shipping – Check with the TUG office for details regarding shipping materials to the conference.
Hotel – Special hotel accommodations are available at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites.
(Make your own arrangements at https://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/toronto-don-valley.html
or call 1-877-474-6835.)
Conference Information – Check our website: www.tug.ca/tec.
Contact – TUG via email: email@example.com
TEC EXPO 2018 Booth Sponsor Price:
@ $1200 plus HST (TUG Gold Members receive a 20% discount @ $960 + HST)
- Logo identified as sponsor in marketing programs
- Sponsorship of TEC conference agenda
- Vendor information mini-booth or table-top display (8’ x 3’) in the lobby
- Exhibitor passes, as required
- * Inclusion of one (1) full-conference pass for a sponsor employee or customer
(See value below.)
- Three (3) $100 registration discount coupons for you to give to your customers
Other Sponsorships Available:
Breakfast, Coffee Breaks, Lunch, Dessert, Door Prize, etc.
TEC 2018 Conference Attendee Prices* (May 30th & 31st, 2018):
- Conference - Non-Members: $795
- Conference - Members: $695 Standard (after March 31, 2018)
- Conference - Members: $595 Earlybird (before April 1, 2018)
- Conference - Members: $545 Uber Earlybird (before February 1, 2018)
* (Prices are in Canadian dollars.)
Attendee conference fees include:
Full admission to all lectures, plus lunch and breaks on both days.
TEC EXPO 2018 Sponsor
Please complete this form and email it to the number below
(or register online at: www.tug.ca/tec/SponsorRegForm.php)
by May 15th to guarantee a spot at the conference.
Registration is based on first paid, first served.
(Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX accepted.)
Company Name ____________________________________________________
Company Address ___________________________________________________
Preferred Booth Number: ____ (See Map.)
How many exhibitors will be in your booth? _____
Payment Method: Credit Card __ Cheque __ Direct Deposit __
Contact Name _______________________ Job Title __________________
Email _____________________________ Telephone __________________
Signature ___________________________ Date ___________________
- Payment must be received by May 15th to guarantee a display location.
- TUG’s HST number is 1361 1243036.
- For bookings cancelled prior to May 15, 2018 — there will be a $200 administration fee.
After that date, sponsors are responsible for the full amount with no refunds.
Back To Top